Are ghosts real?
I'm certain that prehistoric human kind would have asked themselves that same question; "Are ghosts real?" I'm also fairly certain they would have wondered with awe at this life-force that animated not only them, but their fellow humans, as well as the animals that wondered within their midst.
Grave sites have been found in Iraq, Croatia and Israel that are believed to be at least 60,000 years old, and perhaps as much as 100,000 years. I truly believe that these primitive peoples would not have bothered burying their clan and family members with items, trinkets and talismans that they believed would be needed by the dead in their next life, unless they had some belief system on the continuation of this life-force, and of an afterlife. I also believe they wondered where that life-force went, when they did encounter, the death of one of their fellow humans.
A former skeptic
I originally opened this website back in October of 2009. Before that time, I suppose I would have to admit that I was a hard core skeptic when it came to the idea of ghosts, haunting's and the paranormal. I only believed in ghosts, as something for Hollywood movies or TV programs, or those of us who are so afraid of death and dying that they needed the hopes of an afterlife. But after some unexplainable events happened to me, in my own home, events that some might consider paranormal, which I mention elsewhere in this website. I had no choice but to open my mind a bit and concede, that perhaps there was something to the paranormal and that ghosts and haunting'l might just be real. I would not say I was a believer at that time and I still had some doubts and reservations. I believed that some, if not all of these events could be explained by natural events and phenomena.
I would say that I sat right on the middle of that proverbial fence with my beliefs about ghosts, and I sat there until I became interested in EVP or electronic voice phenomenon. I watched a few of the TV shows about ghost hunting, but was not very impressed with any of the EVP that they presented as evidence of the reality of ghosts. I did not necessarily believe that these programs were faked or hoaxed, but I was skeptical of their EVP and thought most of it was just random sounds or noises that sounded like words, it's a mental phenomenon referred to as auditory pareidolia.
After becoming interested in EVP, I went out and bought myself a digital voice recorder and felt compelled to attempt a few EVP sessions of my own, in my own home. The reasoning behind doing this, was with the hopes that I would either dismiss this phenomena as a simple misinterpretation of the background static, noise and hiss, or I would convince myself of the reality of EVP as something paranormal and perhaps even evidence for the existence of ghosts. After doing a few dozen EVP sessions in my own home, I have come to the conclusion that there is definitely something paranormal going on in my home, something that I cannot explain. After doing just this small amount of research there are a few things I can say with absolute confidence.
- I absolutely DO NOT believe EVP are stray radio frequencies as some skeptics and scientists like to assert. I say this because stray radio frequencies would not respond to direct enquiries.
- I also DO NOT believe they are fragments of cell phone or CB radio conversations for the same reason.
- I can also state that some may, in fact, be auditory pareidolia, but I also believe that most are definitely words and/or phrases being articulated in some manner and sometimes these voices seem to respond to direct enquiries. What the manner of articulation is I cannot say.
- I can also state with absolute certainty that NONE and I do repeat NONE of the EVP samples provided by myself on this website are faked or hoaxed in anyway.
- I am not going to say that these voices are ghosts, spirits or any other paranormal type phenomena, but I absolutely do believe they are paranormal in origin.
Does this mean that I now believe that ghosts are real? Not necessarily! I cannot say with absolute certainty that ghosts are real, no one can! But I do admit that EVP has changed my perspective from that of a closed minded skeptic to an open minded skeptic and lastly to one who now believes there most likely is something to the paranormal, and ghosts most probably do exist.